Tuesday 2 February 2016

New Year, New Start

Hello all,

A bit delayed but Happy New Year to you all. Christmas was wonderful as the family came over and their knitted gifts were much appreciated. 

I had been quite busy before Christmas to make up the 7 gifts for my family.I made my brother and brother in law gloves and I also made my sister a fantastic pair of gloves. I found the pattern for free on Ravelry. The pattern was made by Crystal Baer and they are titled Alice's Queen of Hearts Gloves. They were based on a deck of cards and one was mainly red and the other was black. They were fun to make and I felt the pattern worked extremely well. I would recommend this design. 

My sister and sister in law were knitted chunky slipper socks using a Toft pattern. The yarn used was Rico Creative Bonbon Super Chunky Multi yarn which was gorgeous and colourful which went down well. I brought it from Guthrie and Ghani and I would recommend the yarn for any chunky project. My nephew also loved his T-Rex which was made from a Toft pattern. He chased the family around the house and roared in our faces many times......... 

As you may recall, I hunted down all of the Shaun the Sheep sculptures around London and Bristol. As my father joined me on my adventure, I thought he deserved a permanent reminder of the fun we had so I knitted him a Shaun the Sheep to treasure....I'm not quite sure he saw it that way.......

I have had a request to knit a Pig with a Wig!!!!! I had previously made this item for my cousin and I have been requested to knit up 2 more. I enjoyed making it previously and it the pattern is from a knitting designer I love called Anna Hrachovec. She has released a number of knitted book under the Mochimochi series. The designs are quirky and sweet and I have admired them for years. So to have the opportunity to make an item from her pattern is amazing. check out her website for more on Anna and her patterns. I will post them when I have finished working on the items.

Right I am off to continue to making up these little piggies,,,,eeekkkkk

Until next time

Happy crafting. 

www.facebook.com/knitsnotperfect

@knitsnotperfect

http://www.ravelry.com/designers/sarah-reed

http://www.loveknitting.com/catalogsearch/result/?order=relevance&dir=desc&q=sarah+reed

No comments:

Post a Comment