Tuesday 15 October 2013

Deadlines and Christmas Jumper part 1

Hello all,

Hope you are well. I have had a busy week full of deadlines. You will hopefully see some more of my patterns soon (fingers crossed). I am also involved with a volunteer organisation in my area who are intending to yarn bomb a nursery to raise awareness of children's well being. This will be the first bit of yarn bombing that I have done. If there is a piccy, I will post it, My urgent deadlines have been achieved so I am now able to update my blog :)

I have had more orders for minions and I learnt about a new character called 'Totoro'. One of the crocheted minion has been mentioned on a blog (http://williamsandcole.wordpress.com/2013/10/14/one-in-a-minion/) How cool is that !!!!! I am also going to be working on two cowl and baby gifts. In the mists of all of this I have began work on my knitted Christmas jumper.

Phase 1 of selecting a jumper has been successful. Looking through 'Merry Christmas Jumpers to Knit' by Sue Stratford, I have decided that I would like a reindeer jumper :).I think, if I am to a make a Christmas jumper, I may as well go all out.

 The 2nd phase on this knitting adventure is to work out what size I am. I tried to use measuring tape on myself but worked out it is a two person job very quickly. This was after I tripped over it :s However, after speaking to my dad, he came up with the idea to measure a jumper I own and that fits. I have quickly realised my arms are a lot longer than the pattern was written for so i need to remember this when making the sleeves. After much confusion, I have decided to go with a large.

.Phase 3, to buy the yarn. I am a big supporter of natural fibres and like to use them where possible. I referred to a great yarn shopping website (www.woolwarehouse.co.uk) and decided to use Rico Cotton. I have ordered if (with some extra) and can't wait to get started soon :)

If you are at a loss on Friday and are near Coventry, feel free to come along to knit night. It is held in Esquires Coffee House in Coventry and you are able to enjoy free entertainment from a group called Down the Rabbit Hole (@catonthejam). The knit night runs from 7pm to 9pm and all skill levels are welcome. Please bring your own yarn and needles as it cannot be provided on the night.

That's all for now

Happy crafting :)

Sarah

www.facebook.com/knitsnotperfect
@knitsnotperfect
www.etsy.com/shop/knitsnotperfect


No comments:

Post a Comment