Thursday 10 October 2013

Winter's Coming

This week I have been playing with chunky wool to make scarves :). I have found a great yarn for this to be Rowan Big Wool. I particularly love the orange and purple in this range. I wanted my items to be made with one ball of yarn to keep costs down. 

The first design is a moss stitch scarf. I knitted it on straight needles, which was no problem. As I feel that my sewing is a not a great strength, I attempted to knit this on the round. I did not realise that you do not knit on a knit stitch and it is actually the opposite way round. I kept on making errors and ending up with a rib stitch instead so reverted back to the straight needles.  It is a shorter scarf in size but it is really warm and snug to wear.

After this, I decided to make a scarf that was longer in length. I was missing my crochet hook so though I would crochet one :) I have grown to like a wavy chervon pattern so that is what I have used as the pattern on my scarf :) I think this turned out well and I am happy with it. I have attached pictures of my scarves

I am off on holiday tomorrow to Weymouth with the family. It is apparent that my addiction is still present as I have already begun making a list of the local wool shops to visit :) Hope the family haven't made too many of their own plans :s I may also stop at a shop in Salisbury if I am lucky as my brother lives there and we are collecting him :) I hope I am not the only knitter who does this :s

Whilst away I will hopefully have 3 project. The first a commissioned one the second is knitted spiders and the final is Christmas items ready for my next craft fair. I still can't decided if it is took soon from Christmas good in an October craft fair but we will see. Can't wait to work on them all.

I am sure that I will have a lot to write about when I am back. So until then, happy crafting :)

Sarah 

Facebook page (www.facebook.com/knitsnotperfect)
Twitter (@knitsnotperfect) 
Etsy shop (www.etsy.com/shop/knitsnotperfect)




No comments:

Post a Comment