Tuesday 13 March 2018

Marine Life Mobile

Hello all,

It has been quite a busy time here with knitting and my other hobbies. I have ran my first 5k, rode a horse and went on a ghost walk. I'm ticking off many things of my bucket list.  

I have had a number of patterns published by Inside Crochet!!!! Very exciting!!! 'Ben's Dinosaur' that I designed for my nephew was published which was awesome.I went to a workshop with Thread of Life to learn Broomstick crochet which proved to be a massive help. I found that I quite liked the pattern from broomstick crochet and I was able to designed the 'Broomstick Candle Cosy'. I used lace mohair yarn as I liked the texture and effect it had. 

I had quite a tight commission with the 'Christmas Pudding Set'. I wanted to make something colourful and fun so suggested a Christmas pudding cosy. I thought that the best way to create texture was with the basket weave stitch. I liked this as i feel it gave the impression of a pudding. In order to create the smooth texture of the icing I though that a dc stitch. This lead to the base of the pudding being made in 2 parts to allow the handle and spout to fit in and the icing to be made in the round to help hold the shape together. I had a lot of fun with the coasters and think they turned out well. 

I made 'Sarah's Seal' for myself. I went on a scuba diving holiday to the Farne Islands with my knitting buddy Becky and I was able to fulfil a life long dream of swimming with seals. It was such as lovely trip that I decided to create a little something to remember it by. 

The current pattern is 'Marine Life Mobile' I went on a number of holiday last year where I spotted a lot of different animals. Whilst at the Farne Islands, I saw a jellyfish whilst diving. I went to Ireland where I went on a fantastic trip to see dolphins and whales. Later in the year I went to Sri Lanka where I was lucky enough to snorkel with a turtle. I went to Lanzarote where I did scuba diving and I saw a seahorse and an octopus. I thought  mobile was a nice way to capture the wonderful year that I had experienced. 

I have been working on some more ideas for commissions so fingers crossed they will be selected. 

Until next time

Happy crafting 

 www.facebook.com/knitsnotperfect

@knitsnotperfect

http://www.ravelry.com/designers/sarah-reed

http://www.loveknitting.com/catalogsearch/result/?order=relevance&dir=desc&q=sarah+reed


No comments:

Post a Comment