Monday 31 July 2017

Nigel's Parrot

Hello all, 

I hope you are all well and enjoying the summer. I can't believe it's August tomorrow eekkkk. this can only mean one thing.....Christmas is fast approaching us all!!!! panic!!! I guess it's time to get the creative hat on and start making Christmas gifts. I also have a wedding to go to and a friend has a baby on the way. There is so much to do in such little time. 

I am proud to announce that I have recently had my pattern 'Nigel's Parrot' published in  Inside crochet. This pattern was first created last year, when my other half and I went to Bird World. It was just a normal trip until we went to a part where parrots were roaming free on branches. Nigel decided to feed a parrot but then the parrot took a shine to him. The parrot proceeded to crawl on his shoulder and remove a button from Nigel's top shirt. After a while the parrot spat out the button but did not move from Nigel's shoulder. We tried to move the parrot with food and also Nigel stood by a branch to try and encourage it to move. The parrot was having the time of his life and just swapped which of Nigel's shoulder he sat on. After 30 minutes  we had to get a zoo keeper to remove the parrot. I felt  a memento of such a funny event was needed and so I made Nigel a parrot. 

I didn't realize that the parrot had so many colours around it's face, chest and tail. The easiest way to tackle this was to make a flat piece which I sewed onto the main part of the body. I felt it captured the main parts of the parrot. It was fun selecting the colours from Drops Safran yarn. They have a great color pallet to work with so matching it to the parrot was easy. 

I hope you enjoy the pattern as much as I enjoyed them. I have also popped new patterns on Ravelry which are of other animal's I have designed such as a cat, dog and bear. 

Over the weekend I was in Salisbury visiting the family and popped into Born to Knit. It is a very sweet shop based in a craft centre. They had a wide range of colours available to select. There was Rowan, Patron and Debbie Bliss yarn. I have made some good selections and will be playing with a design soon. 

Right....better get on with Christmas patterns......

Until next time

Happy crafting

www.facebook.com/knitsnotperfect

@knitsnotperfect

http://www.ravelry.com/designers/sarah-reed

http://www.loveknitting.com/catalogsearch/result/?order=relevance&dir=desc&q=sarah+reed


No comments:

Post a Comment