Monday 23 May 2016

The Knitting Collection two

Hello All,

I hope you are all well.

 Nigel Cat is now available on Ravelry and Love Knitting (Yay!!) please check out my designs for more. I am also proud to announce that I have two patterns published in The Knitting Collection Two. 

The first design is titled 'Big, Bold and Beautiful' which is a summery tea cosy. I developed this concept with Claire Montgomerie. I wanted to design a project that used a seed stitch, I had previously designed a seed stitch hat (which is available on Ravelry and Love Kniting by the way). Claire selected some beautiful summery colours to create this tea cosy. The yarn used was chunky King Cole yarn which was soo bright and soft to the touch. The cosy is made in 2 halves and then sewn together at the end. I like how the white row splits each row of colour change. There were quite a few ideas on how to top the cosy. I originally tired a flower but Claire and I decided to use a fun pom pom instead. Make it today and please send me any projects as I would love to see it. 

The second pattern in the collection is 'Take Away A Piece of Summer'. Claire again selected the lovely yarn for this project. It was Stylecraft's Special DK. the colours were vibrant and the yarn worked well in showing the texture of the stitch. The project involved a double moss stitch but it was also made in the round. It was a good challenge to work on this project. I think the pattern is sweet and also quick and easy to make. 

I have ticked another thing off my Quirky thirty List!! I attempted to make pottery. The workshop was at Whichford Pottery and the day was quite a laugh. I had a go at throwing, which is playing on the pottery wheel. I found it OK to start with but attempting to make a leveled pot at the end was extremely challenging. I succeeded in making a few wonky pots....I also want to add that my experience was nothing like the scene from Ghost......The second half of the day was making free form items out of clay. I was not too sure what to make so I I was lucky to have the opportunity to press a baby chick. I will post up a picture if they survive the Kiln.....fingers crossed....

Right back to my latest commission.

Until next time

Happy crafting. 

www.facebook.com/knitsnotperfect

@knitsnotperfect

http://www.ravelry.com/designers/sarah-reed

http://www.loveknitting.com/catalogsearch/result/?order=relevance&dir=desc&q=sarah+reed


No comments:

Post a Comment