Thursday 12 May 2016

Nigel Cat

Hello All,

I am beginning to get my Crojo back again. A crojo your knitting or crochet mojo (haha did you see what I did there). My need for knitspiration was great so I decided to go to my local knitting group. 

I really enjoyed the Stitch and Sip session at Stitch Solihull. It takes place on a Saturday morning 11am-1pm and there are a lovely group of people who attend. They are all so friendly and welcoming and willing to give advice on your current project. There is also a fab selection of drinks and teas. After being surrounded by so many lovely projects, my Crojo instantly returned. 

I was asked to create a cat and this is what I have been working upon. I decided I wanted it to be bright in colour so chose the scrumptious Stylecraft Jaffa. The yarn is acrylic and soft which was purrfect for this project. I managed to buy this lovely yarn and the toy stuffing needed from Christines yarn shop.

I recalled how much I did not enjoy making the head and the body separately and then sew them together. For my design I decided to make the head and body in one piece. I wanted the cat to be in a sitting position and so made the legs to suit this pose. After some work, Nigel cat was born. I'm just finishing off the pattern typing and it'll soon be available on Ravelry and Love Knitting. 

Hopefully on Friday 13th May a bookazine that I am featured in will be released.....more on that next time. 

I am officially 30 (I am slowly accepting this) and I have completed 2 tasks on my Quirky Thirty List. The first was playing the lottery. I have never brought a lottery ticket until now and I have come to conclude that it is a waste of money as I only got one number !!!! bbbboooooo. I'll have to keep saving to get my knitting shop in the future......

The second thing on my list was to attend a Drum and Bounce class with my friend Bithiah. The class is an aerobics session which takes place to a drum and bass sound track......It was really tough and I thought I was going to collapse at times. I am also in extraordinary pain today......However, despite this it was such a great laugh, I'd recommend that you have a go. 

Right back to the next project

until next time

Happy crafting

www.facebook.com/knitsnotperfect

@knitsnotperfect



http://www.ravelry.com/designers/sarah-reed

http://www.loveknitting.com/catalogsearch/result/?order=relevance&dir=desc&q=sarah+reed

No comments:

Post a Comment