Tuesday 9 June 2015

Marie Curie Tea Party and the 'C' word

Hello all,

I had a lovely knitting Saturday last weekend.I attended the wonderful tea party held by City Knits in Birmingham. The gathering was in aid of Marie Curie. It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining and there was so much on offer. 

On the day there was a vast array of gorgeous cakes to indulge on and also there was a lucky dip for knitters. I had a go and bagged myself a lot of wonderful prizes. There was also an opportunity to try and knit with epic needles and there was a stall selling many hand knitted items. It was also wonderful to see all the lovely tea cosies that had been created for the event. 

I have taken part in the raffle hoping to win some of the lovely gifts. One of the offerings is 39 balls of Stylecraft yarn !!!!!! Imagine what I could make up with that !!!!!!! The draw is not until 30th June so there is still time to buy a ticket. They can be purchased from the shop or on-line, by donation, on City Knits just giving page www.justgiving.com/Christines2015. It's well worthwhile donating to this lovely cause.

I really enjoyed myself and hope they carry on hosting this event every year. 

I am unsure if it is inappropriate but I am going to use the 'C' word. That's right !!! I am contemplating beginning Christmas knitting. I need to decorate my new home and this year the family are celebrating with me. Is it too soon to begin???? I'm not so sure. I will contemplate on this more.

Until next time

Happy crafting

www.facebook.com/knitsnotperfect

@knitsnotperfect

http://www.ravelry.com/designers/sarah-reed
  

No comments:

Post a Comment