Friday 13 December 2013

The Knitting Collection and Rabbit Thief Strikes Again

Hello all,

I am finding Christmas to be an extremely busy time for knitters. Over the last week, I have completed my Christmas knits for the family......well almost all of them apart from my sister's, which is a blanket. I have already said that this will not be completed by Christmas. 


I attended another great workshop at TOFT where I made a snowflake decoration. The teaching was good and the pattern was easy to follow. I successfully made a beautiful snowflake......and a second one for TOFT to keep. I also met a new knitting friend known as Yiknits on Raverly. He has a website (http://www.inopportunetimes.com/) which is  full of his lovely creations. Yi told me about Romanian Crochet (which I have never heard of) but I would like to look into more. 

I did my craft fair at Coleshill which was great. People seemed to like my designs and I sold a few items. There was a great range of crafts and also a choir which really got you into the festive mood. Due to selling well, I was left with no Christmas decorations for my next Christmas fair on Saturday. I have frantically been making some more so I have some stock once again.



On the 29th November The Knitting Collection was released with some of my patterns inside. It was a coaster, mug cosy and tea cosy set. The yarn was selected by the skillful eye of Claire Montgomerie and from there the designs was made. If you every have the opportunity to work with Claire I would recommend it as she is extremely supportive and always there if you need guidance. I think she has done a great job with the bookazine and I hope it does well. 


I went to the Harry Potter experience and I was pleased to see that there were some knitted items on display :) I have since decided that Mrs Weasley is my favorite character and has a talent for designing.

If you have the time to go to Warwick, Please do! they currently have a knitted/messy sheep trail where you look for sheep in the shop windows and record their names. It is great fun and there are over 95 sheep to find :) I only have 4 more to do when I return again. 

As I was preparing items for the craft fair on Saturday, the rabbit thief struck again! There I was innocently knitting, when I noticed that I had ran out of yarn. As I looked to the floor I saw the face of Caramel the rabbit aka rabbit thief. In her mouth I saw my beautiful yarn being chewed. As I tried to get her, she ran away with my yarn. I managed to get it back.....once I wrestled her down. Just to add insult to injury, I began to knit again and my cat (Kitty) came over and began to attack my knitting needles. So I urge you be aware of these menaces to the knitting society. 

 I have my final two craft fairs of the year over the weekend. On Saturday 11am-3pm I will be at the Coventry Frost Fair which is held in the Coventry Cathedral. Many local talents have gathered to sell our goods. The event on Sunday is at Ansley. This is 10am -3pm at ANSLEY VILLAGE CHURCH HALL Birmingham Road, Ansley, CV10 9PS. I am also looking forward to this event.. I will be at these events, finally continuing to work on my Christmas Jumper :) So hopefully my next blog will provide you with a progress update. Come on down of you're free. 

Just a reminder that there is no Knit's Not prefect knit night this month as it is the festive season....and I don't have a venue :s

Back to the day job

Happy Crafting

www.facebook.com/knitsnotperfect

www.etsy.com/shop/knitsnotperfect



@knitsnotperfect



No comments:

Post a Comment