Tuesday 3 December 2013

Christmas Jumper Part 4 and Craft Fairs

Hello All,

Sorry for the delay between this and my last post. I have been plotting out my families Christmas knit projects (which I need to find time to do), working on new items for my craft stall (which I need to find time to do) and my Christmas jumper (which I need to find to do)

I am so happy to know that Raverly exists as a reference site. I have been able to locate all of the patterns I required for Christmas. I will take time out at the weekend to work on each project :)

I have three craft fairs coming up. I will be alone on the stall so I need to create new items for more of a range and to take up more space :s. At present, I have created a tablet cover which seems to work well. However, I may make up some minions. I think after these craft fairs, I will be able to focus more energy into my Christmas jumper. 

As present I have a completed sleeve and have begun work on the front of the jumper. I had a mini panic as I thought I would not have enough wool. So in order to ease my anxiety, I ordered more wool from the woolwarehouse website. On this occasion I thought I would pick it up from in store. However, I did not realise that you had to wait for them to email you to collect the items before you turned up :s. I have learnt my lesson and will not make this error again.

I had a good day at the Ashby St Ledgers craft fair. The organiser, Lucinda, managed to get a great range of crafts on the day. She also was able get many people through the door. This is an event that I would like to attend again if there is the opportunity as it was such a great atmosphere. 

I attended TOFT's knit night and this was great. There were some new people learning how to crochet and more experienced people doing a twisted rib stitch........I have no idea what this is. It was a nice relaxed evening and of course tea and cakes was provided. I would recommend anyone to go there, the next evening will be 19th December and we will hopefully be crocheting reindeer decorations. 

I have had a couple of orders for animals, which I cannot post yet as they are Christmas presents. I can say that they are completed and I will post pictures soon. 

I have found out that my mum would like a scarf with frills. I have just brought the special yarn and now looking at it.....I am quite confused :s.  Hopefully there is a good You Tube video to help me out. eeekkkk.  I am also plotting out a baby blanket for my sister :) That's right I will be an Auntie in April. How exciting, I will have a little baby to cover with my knitted goods :)

Next Sunday I will be at another craft fair. This is on Sunday 1st December at Whitacre Christmas Fair, Nether Whitacre Social Club, 64 station road, Whitacre Heath, near Coleshill, Birmingham, B46 2EH. The event runs from 1pm - 6.30pm and sounds like it will be a beautiful event as there will be Christmas singers and a Santa's Grotto. If you are free please pop down.

That is everything that I have been up to at present. I will keep you posted with anything new :)

Happy crafting


No comments:

Post a Comment