Friday 5 May 2017

Rebecca and Bithiah

Hello all,

I am proud to say that Inside Crochet have published 2 more of my patterns. I have created 2 animal called Rebecca and Bithiah. The patterns started last year just before Christmas, I made the mistake from the year before of knitting large gifts for each of my friends and family. My gifts ranged from gloves to socks.......the issue at the time was that I kept forgetting that I needed to make each thing twice. I decided that I wanted to create something smaller and quicker to make. This is where I decided to make an army of animals for each person. I decided to make each of my friends an animal which I thought represented them and name it after them. 

The fox is named after my sister Rebecca or Beccy. Beccy has been there a lot for me and helped me through the good and bad times. She has always supported me no matter what. She is also the mother of my nephew Ben (the one I created Benjamin's Bunting for). My sister liked items with fox designs on it and I thought it would be appropriate to make her own. 

Bithiah is someone who I went to university with. She is extremely lively and a joy to be around. Bithiah helped me through my degree and has been a great friend ever since I met her. We lived together in halls and now we meet every week for hula hooping practice. As she is such a lively character it made me think a squirrel would really suit her.

I enjoyed using Drops Safran yarn as the colours are extremely vibrant and comfortable to work with. I like the range and also the price makes the project extremely affordable. It was a pleasure to create and I hope to share some more of my makes at a later date. 

Another yarn that I have been enjoying is West Yorkshire Spinner Rum Paradise. It is multicoloured but so bright and cheerful. I am working on some designs with them!!!

I am looking forward to going to wool@j13 over the next weekend. I have signed up to a broomstick crochet workshop and have a good look at all of the yarn there. I'm really looking forward to it and I hope you can join me!!!!! 

Well lets get back to it!!!

until next time

Happy crafting

www.facebook.com/knitsnotperfect

@knitsnotperfect

http://www.ravelry.com/designers/sarah-reed

http://www.loveknitting.com/catalogsearch/result/?order=relevance&dir=desc&q=sarah+reed





No comments:

Post a Comment