Wednesday 19 October 2016

Tunisian Cluster Mittens

Hello all,

Happy days, Inside Crochet have been so kind and printed my pattern!!!!! Please check it out!!!!

This piece is a pair of Tunisian Cluster Mittens. This piece came about as I played with a new stitch pattern I had found. Once I had made head and tails of it and created the original sample I sent a picture to Rhian Drinkwater and she loved the design. Rhian suggested using the beautiful MillaMia Naturally Soft Merino. This has to be one of the most beautiful and soft yarns that I have ever worked with. I wanted a piece that would test Tunisian crocheter but the pattern needed to be relaxing. This stitch was perfect as it is quite repetitive and builds up quickly. I created the piece and sent it off and it is lovely to see how the piece has been published in the magazine. I was also touched to see a mention on the editors page.

I have a couple more patterns on their way soon and I have just been commissioned for a project next year. It is all very exciting!!!!!

I have started the Christmas presents (I know Christmas crafting already!!!!).....I am designing original pieces for my friends and family and hope that they enjoy them. In addition to this, I have my ticket ready for the Hobbycraft and Christmas craft show at the NEC. I love this show as there is a good range of craft items to buy and also there is a little Christmas Market to look at too. I am heading there on 6th November!!! I'll be there with my knitting buddy Becky and I hope to see you there. 

I am proud to announce that I will be going on my first holiday with my new man!!!!!. We decided to go to Scotland.....which I only recently remembered that it is freezing. This was a perfect reason to knit a new hat. As we are planning to go on hikes I did not want to get lost in the dark so I felt it was a good time to us reflective yarn. I made an order to Wool Warehouse and was sent (very quickly) Schachenmayr Lumio. I am a proud owner of a rib stitch hat.....with a massive pom pom!!!!!!! I am looking forward to showing this piece off and also I hopefully will not get lost with my shiny hat. 

Right, lets get back to it!!!!

Until next time

Happy crafting


www.facebook.com/knitsnotperfect

@knitsnotperfect

http://www.ravelry.com/designers/sarah-reed

http://www.loveknitting.com/catalogsearch/result/?order=relevance&dir=desc&q=sarah+reed

No comments:

Post a Comment