Sunday 15 November 2015

Halloween and Man Hat Drama

Hello all,


Hope you have all enjoyed your Halloween and Bonfire night. I am proud to say I managed to sneak a bit of crochet into my Halloween costume. I was struggling for an original idea and contacted my sister for inspiration. We searched far and wide and came up with a brilliant idea. I needed to wear clothes that looked French. I already owned a striped top and I went to a fabric shop to buy red cloth to be my scarf. I was in need of a beret.........I looked on Ravelry and I found a free crochet pattern. I was able to whip the pattern up quickly and it completed my outfit. I painted my face like Gene Simmons from Kiss, which made me a............French kiss (haha genius!!!)


I met up with the lovely Denise from Peeko crochet. We met in a cafe and she taught me how to create double sided Tunisian crochet. Denise is a great tutor and I would recommend attending any class that she is teaching.  It was lovely to meet with a fellow enthusiast and chat crochet. I saw some of her patterns and after this felt more inspired to create more original design work :)

I have been given a mission to knit a hat for a man. The specification was that he is a hiker and he wanted a purple and blue hat. I went to Stitch Solihull where the lovely Anna prevented me from ripping my hair out finding a masculine purple. We found some lush Bergere de France yarn which was manly in colour. After further conversations with the man I came to realise that he was a Villa fan......and then said he would like his hat in the colour of the football kit!!!!!!!......Back to stitch Solihull this time with my friend Becky and Anna stopping me from ripping my hair out. In the end we found the colours needed and I have started work on this piece......

Right I'm going to get back to it :)

Until next time 

Happy crafting


Sarah :) 

www.facebook.com/knitsnotperfect

@knitsnotperfect

http://www.ravelry.com/designers/sarah-reed

No comments:

Post a Comment