Monday 10 August 2015

Shaun Spotting

Hello all,

I have been taking a break from Knitting and decided to do the second thing I enjoy, which are Art Trails. These trails involves finding sculptures around different towns. 

This year alone I have completed a Baron Trail in Salisbury and I am currently completing the Big Hoot in Birmingham. For the Big Hoot I am aiming to see all 211 Big and Little Hoot owls for Birmingham children's Hospital. I have currently spotted 95 of them and will hope to see the others within the next 2 weeks. If you are able to sponsor me,my just giving page is www.justgiving.com/sarah-reed2015 and I am raising money fro a great cause. 

Over the last weekend I went to Bristol and saw all of the lovely Shaun the Sheep sculptures. Bristol is a beautiful place and the trails lead you to all of the amazing sites such as the harbor, heritage sites and around the town. 

There were 70 to see and I managed to squeeze them all in 3 days!!!. I am now trying to recover from aching feet.......although I have agree to go yoga tonight....wish me luck. Knittingwise there are two beautiful Shauns. One is totally crocheted in St Nicholas Market and the other is a Knitted Style one in St Peter's church. The crocheted one, 'Woolly Wonderland', has individual crocheted motifs all over it. The other one called 'Knit-Wit' is painted in a knitting style which contains different knitted stitches...so see how many you can recognize. 

Intermediate Media have sponsored a Shaun which is near the harbor. Intermedate media create magazines including Knit Today and their creation is called 'Shaun Bean'. I really enjoyed this trail so it is worth a visit if you can make it before 31st August. However, if you cannot make it they can all be seen together at Cribbs Causeway 12th-20th September and in Covent Garden 24th-27th September. 

I have completed my first Christmas project and currently working on the second one.......hopefully I will actually finish them all on time!!! My poor mallard sock is sitting on the side but I will pick it up more towards the autumn. 

Right back to work

Happy crafting

Sarah :) 

www.facebook.com/knitsnotperfect

@knitsnotperfect

http://www.ravelry.com/designers/sarah-reed

No comments:

Post a Comment