Tuesday 14 January 2014

Catching up

Hello all,

I am going through a period of catching up on my UFO (unfinished objects). First of all I have completed the dinosaur blanket. I will post a picture soon but as it is a Christmas/ birthday present I need to keep it a secret for now. I am fairly happy with the outcome, some of the blocks have a tighter tension than others but it was made with love :) The blanket has however, inspired me with another project idea............. 

Completed Peter Rabbit

Last year I was given a project by my dad's colleague. They had found the work in their mother's loft and passed it on to me. It was all the knitted parts a Peter Rabbit to sew together. I finally had the opportunity to finish the work and it is a cute piece. The knitter was obviously very talented and I imagine they would have loved to have seen the finished product. I am glad I had the chance to work on this. 





I have ordered more yarn (eeekkk) as I had a lot of left over blue yarn. This is from my first order of yarn for my Christmas Jumper. I have had to order extra colours to compliment it so I can make something out of it. Just need to dream up what I will do.......

Sunflower appeal


As part of my craft group we have all been asked to decorate a canvas piece with the theme 'happy'. This is for a charity called Mary Anne Hospices. The emblem is a sunflower so I thought I would use this and crochet a flower onto it. The piece will be put together and presented to the charity. I think this is a great idea and lovely when to see the efforts of the whole group combined. 





I have began to plot my holiday. I am going to head to Scarborough for a few days. Within this trip I will be heading to York which of course means a visit to the shambles. I have been there before and loved the fact that there were five different craft shops to explore. This will be in February so if you have any other recommendations, please pass it on. 

Now you have caught up with my antics I hope you are all well.

Happy crafting

Sarah

www.facebook.com/knitsnotperfect

@knitsnotperfect

No comments:

Post a Comment