Saturday 21 September 2013

Flowers and Minions

I am currently undertaking two projects:
The first is I have been invited to do my first bit of yarn bombing. To do this, it will involve me crocheting/knitting loads of flowers. This is great as when I have a spare 30 minutes, I can whip up a flower or two. I have one original pattern for a flower but I would like to think of more. This is something to work on when ........I have more free time.......:s




The second project began as I had a friend who wanted me to make a minion inspired toy. I went to Raverly where I found a great free pattern. Here is a link http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/minion-inspired-softie. It is easy to follow and the end product does look like the picture. I decided to adapt the eyes as I dislike working with felt. I tend to find that I keep taking massive chunks out so I end up with no eyes. Just something a bit odd looking. I think it worked well with crocheted eyes instead. As my friend wanted two, I found I got to the point where I thought I was happy to move onto a new project.
A picture of my end result was posted on my page (www.facebook.com/knitsnotperfect) and I got a record number of likes. So I have learnt that cute and cuddly things are a hit. I will keep this in mine when I begin to design more original items.

You may wonder what I am going to do next........make three more minions as they were popular. Oh dear maybe next week I will find more free time to design again. Can't complain really as I am still doing what I love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment